1. How do you remember your first kiss?
It was okay. I was 18. It was my first month of college. I was in a nightclub. That’s all you get. 😉
2. What was your first favorite love song?
THIS (song starts around 0:42):
(In case it wasn’t obvious, I have pretty much always been a Sailor Moon fangirl)
3. What’s the first thing you do when you begin writing for the day?
Hahaha. Um. Procrastinate? I.e. Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, food…
4. Who’s the first writer who truly inspired you to become a writer?
So, okay. This is a bit of a convoluted answer for me because my instinct is to say Tamora Pierce. There’s no denying that she is a HUGE influence on me and I adore her work.
But a more realistic answer might be to say Marissa Meyer. As you saw above, I’m a BIG Sailor Moon fan, and I read Marissa’s fanfics as Alicia Blade for YEARS. When she started on her publishing journey, it really made the idea that I could write a book seem real.
5. Did the final revision of your first book have the same first chapter it started with?
Nope. I did the computer version of this MANY many times before I figured out where I thought the book should start:
In actuality, the answer IS characters, I suppose. Usually the way that I start a book is with a random scene that jumps into my head. Sometimes the scene makes it into the draft, sometimes it doesn’t, but the characters from that scene always do.
7. What’s the first word you want to roll off the tip of someone’s tongue when they think of your writing?
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…