Once upon a time I went to New York. This was in high school, and I went with two of my best friends and our yearbook adviser for the Columbia Scholastic Press Association. In between the conference, we were very TOURISTY. We went to Battery Park and Central Park, toured Rockefeller Center and NBC (I would totally do the entire thing again), stayed in Time Square, travelled by subway, bought handbags on canal street, ate at Katz’s Deli (where one of my FAVORITE scenes from When Harry Met Sally took place) ate at Tavern on the Green, and… yeah. TOURIST.
And in less than a month (ahhhh, is that real life?!) I’m going back for Book Expo America. And per Lindsey’s suggestion, I am making a list of things that I want to do. Some of them are repeats of her list.
1) See a musical- PLEASE. I love them and haven’t seen one in New York. It wasn’t part of my experience last time and I would really really love for it to be this time
2) Jog through Central Park- Mostly because my BEA roomies and I are putting in the work on Couch to 5K and this is the goal.
3) Top of the Rock- I’ve been there before, but it was an amazing view of the city. Breathtaking.
4) Go to Alice’s Tea Cup- It looks like the most adorable place in creation.
Magnolia Bakery– Because of reasons that are this. (“Let’s hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes!/No doubt, that bakery’s got all the bomb frostings/I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling!/Two, no SIX, no TWELVE, BAKER’S DOZEN!/I told you that I’m crazy for those cupcakes, cousin!”)
Meet Christa of Hooked on Books and take a picture for her Sailor Moon Photo Challenge.
Meet the ladies of Paper Lantern Lit, the literary development company that I have an internship with.
Fangirl over many many authors, bloggers, and publishers
Get many many books!
One Direction jam sesh, with a guest appearance by Carly Rae Jepsen
11) Find the fountain that they dance around in the Friends theme song and take a picture dancing around it myself.
Go to a museum and pretend like I’m cultured
Go to the Teen Author Carnival… provided there are more details soon?
Hot dog from a street cart.
Hit up NY literary places.
TONS OF PHOTO/VIDEO
…at the moment this is all I’ve got. I’m sure this will expand as I’ve likely forgotten things/haven’t thought of them yet.
Edit 6/12: I’m BACK.
…And have crossed off the things I ACTUALLY accomplished. NEXT YEAR I will do better.